This is somehow a Making of Go-Through
for this one:
from the Mummies Alive in Space Contest: [link]
I spent more than 6 weeks onthe finished picture. This includes sketches...making ideas...killing them...making new ideas with new sketches..and so on.
Here are the three final ideas I had with the original sketches from the endproduct.
Try One: Sketchlines done with BIC-ballpen
- the colo would have been in Photpshop Elements 8
Try Two: Was done with the Wacom completly. It was planed to do it in digital painting. But I am still not good enough to draw withoug using outlines.
Try Three: The final one. I made the sketches with blue pencil on a strong paper. After I could see how it should become like...I overdraw it with black Ink pencils. (Faber Castell Pitt artist pen-black)
-Scanned in 400 dpi for greysheydes. This erased the blue sketchlines automaticly.
After that I first arranged them in the way I thought they could work...than changed Nefertina head ( I liked the first one better).
After all that the backround.
Time used for the third Try: More than 20 hours (sketchwork included).